Events you may wish to know about:
- 2019, Summer: It is intended that full plans for the 15-foot gandelow will be published.
- 2019, Spring: The French boat magazine Chasse-Marée will publish two articles (in French) about gandelows.
- 2019, Date not yet fixed: We are hoping to publish a book describing how the rigging of the A. K Ilen has been reconstructed and implemented by combining traditional plans with modern design expertise.
- 2018, Autumn: Launch of the renovated sailing ship the A. K. Ilen, to sail as she did before.
- 2018, Spring: Working on the fitting out of the A. K. Ilen at Hegarty’s boatyard, Old Court, Skibbereen, Ireland.
- 2017, July: Video record produced of the first sea voyage of the gandelow ‘Swansong’.
- 2017 June 24: Launch of the 15-foot gandelow at Staunton lake.
- 2016, Autumn: Helped finish the decking of the Irish ship the A K ILEN ready for the decking-out ceremony.
- 2016, Spring: Two of our articles about the gandelow are published in Wooden Boat Magazine No: 249 and 250.
- 2016, March: Started the conversion of a 16th Century rented stone barn as our workshop.
- 2015, May 31st: Plans and designs for the Irish Gandelow are published on A3 size paper in a new book - with a fully updated version of the basic guide included.
- 2015, March 30th: List of corrections (PDF, 55kb) to the Gandelow-building guides released.
- 2014, November 30th: “Building a River Shannon Gandelow - A Basic Step-by-Step Guide” is published.
- 2014, September 26th: Gandelow fishing and sailing boat regatta in Limerick, Ireland - sponsored by the A. K. Ilen School for Wooden Boat Building.
- 2014, Spring: Assisted with the building of four gandelows for Limerick’s City of Culture celebrations.
- 2011, Summer: On the subject of the ebbs and flows of life Triarchy Press publishes “Complexity Demystified - A Guide for Practitioners” (PDF, 10MB) in association with The abaci Partnership LLP.
More in due course. Please let us know of Beautement events that you wish to be added.
[As at 16 Jul 2018]